Manitoba Provincial Council obtained its charter with The Catholic Women’s League of Canada (CWL) in March 1948. An elected executive that includes the presidents representing Keewatin-The Pas, St. Boniface and Winnipeg Diocesan Councils forms Manitoba Provincial Council. Members continue to be guided by the League’s organizational objectives and the national executive, embracing national themes, projects and activities, while still maintaining their parish council’s identity.
Manitoba’s councils have contributed much to local and national communities and have also reached out to help international endeavours. They continue to be women “rooted in gospel values” and to serve humbly for “God and Canada”. Many of their achievements are recorded in the history of Manitoba Provincial Council.